If a biological parent dies, a stepparent is able to make an application to the Family Law Courts seeking Orders to spend time and communicate with a child or possibly even for the child to live with them. However, if the other biological parent is willing and able to provide proper care to the child, the paramount consideration of the court will be to facilitate a meaningful relationship between the parent and child. Orders will be made in consideration of the best interests of the child.

in Custody Rights
Contact Us 03 9639 6733